Hey guys! Hope ya’ll are having a great week so far~
So tonight I decided to write a blog dedicated to information or the 411 on foundation! A lot of girls ask me what foundation they should buy out of the hundreds of brands out there. So here are some easy guidelines that I hope will help you in finding a great foundation for your skin.
First, when choosing a foundation, you must figure out what skin type you fall into. There are five basic skin types: Oily, Dry, Combination, Normal, and Sensitive Skin.
Dry Skin: Your skin is more prone to feeling flaky and tight once you’ve washed your face. Dry skin can also tend to create wrinkles faster.
Oily Skin: Opposite of having dry skin, it tends to look greasy and shiny. Oily skin types have more enlarged pores and are more prone to acne.
Combination Skin: Oily in the t-zone area (forehead, nose, and chin.) Dry around the eyes and cheeks.
Normal Skin: It is neither dry or oily throughout the day, and should feel vibrant and supple. It is the least problematic skin type or in other words, you got great skin girl!
Sensitive Skin or Acne-Prone Skin: varies with individuals depending on the severity of the case, but is pretty much self-explanatory.
Once you’ve classified what skin type you have, it is a lot easier to find products that best suit your skin. Then after you have found your foundation, finding the right color is very important. The most effective way is to match the color of your neck and check how it looks under natural lighting. For the best results, you will also need a translucent powder to set the foundation, keeping your face matte throughout the day.
Below are a list of some products that I personally love and hope helps you!
For Normal to Dry Skin:
Bobbi Browns Moisture Rich Foundation: In my opinion, Bobbi Brown has one of the best foundations. They have a huge variety of colors, and create a more radiant glow without making you look cakey. This foundation is buildable and allows for medium to full coverage. You can fnd it at a Nordstroms store near you or shope online at www.nordstroms.com or www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com
For Combination to Oily Skin:
1. Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation: A more sheer but buildable foundation that helps to prevent shine throughout the day.
2. Oil Free Even Finish Compact Foundation: If liquid foundation is not your forte then this cream foundation would be a great option for you.
For Sensitive and Acne-Prone Skin:
1. Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream: BB Creams are becoming more popular these days because of it’s natural-looking finish that it creates. BB Creams provide full UV Protection, Anti-Wrinkle formula, and a more whitening effect. You can shop online at www.misshaus.com
2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: This Tinted Moisturizer features an antioxidant vitamin complex that acts as a free radical scavenger to protect the skin from even the most aggressive effects of the environment. It is super lightweight and is great for girls who don’t like to wear foundation, but still want sheer coverage and protection from the sun. You can find it at a Nordstroms store near you or shop online at www.nordstroms.com or www.lauramercier.com
For all Skin Types (Translucent Powders):
1. Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder: A universal, colorless translucent powder that helps to set foundation keeping your face matte. Made of 100% mineral silica powder, it helps to even out the complexion of the skin. Great for all skin types and tones. You can find it at any Sephora store or shop online at www.sephora.com
2. Cinema Secrets Ultralucent Setting Powder (Colorless): Awesome setting powder giving similar results as the Makeup Forever powder. Clump-free and antiperspirant. Their store is located in Burbank, CA or you can shop online at www.cinemasecrets.com
Lastly, I wanted to share two drugstore gems that are of course much cheaper in price but still give awesome results.
1. Loreal True Match Foundation: Hands down the best drugstore liquid foundation! Made with the new patented color technology, it helps to precisely match your skins tone and texture. It contains no oils, fragrances, or pore-clogging filters, making it safe on all skin types. Ingredients contained in the foundation such as Vitamin A and C, wheat germ and grapefruit extract, help to keep your skin looking nourished and healthy.
2. Revlon Colorstay Translucent: A translucent powder made with water, not oil, to help keep away shine throughout the day. A cheaper substitute for the other translucent powders I listed above for you guys!
You can find both of these products at Walmart, Target, or any other local drugstore near you.
Well that concludes my little 411 on foundation for you guys. I tried to make it as short as possible, but I don’t think I succeeded. :p Maybe I’ll do some more posts on other makeup products for different parts of the face! Hopefully I’ll be able to share some projects and work that I’ve been doing later as well! Stay tuned and have a great week! Halfway till the weekend! CHEERS!